List of Glass Blowing Classes in South Carolina 2023 [Updated]
South Carolina is a state on the East Coast that is a popular vacation destination. The state’s picturesque beaches, quaint cities, and rich history make it the perfect place to rest, restore, and explore.
Visitors flock to cities like Charleston and Myrtle Beach. These locales offer food, entertainment, and events that are great for the whole family.
Artsy tourists will appreciate the glass blowing and flameworking offerings in South Carolina. Whether you are brand new to glass art or a seasoned professional, South Carolina’s artists offer lessons and demonstrations that are sure to inspire.
The following are two of the top glass blowing and flameworking studios in South Carolina. They offer high-quality learning experiences throughout the year, so whether you are a visitor or resident, you can sign up for a class time that works for you.
Learn something new this year at these great studios.
- Basic Lampwork Starter Kit for beginners. 2 hours of instructional video on DVD, plus full email...
- (Requires disposable propane or Mapp Gas canister. or bulk tank propane with hose.)
- Please use saftey lenses and adequate ventilation when lampworking.
1) Samson Glass
- Type: general glass art, flameworking
- Classes: private, 1-8 hour sessions, project-based, technique-based
- Price: $75-$750
- Website: http://samsonglass.net/wp/
- Telephone: (843) 241-5808
- Location: 427 Piedmont Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Samson Glass is owned and operated by flameworking artist Samson. He has been working with glass for over 20 years and has 14 years of teaching experience.
Students can rest assured that they will receive quality instruction. Samson offers a range of classes for beginner and experienced glass artists alike.
His most popular beginner class is called Make-it-Take-it. This is a great introductory class that allows participants to get a feel for flameworking before investing in more intensive classes.
The class runs for about an hour and covers the basics of making marbles and pendants.
More experienced students can sign up for classes that last for up to 8 hours. These longer sessions allow for a more comprehensive exploration of flameworking techniques.
Classes include bead making, marble making, borosilicate glass, and technique workshops.
2) One Eared Cow Glass
- Type: general glass art, glass blowing
- Classes: small group, weekdays, weekends, demonstrations
- Price: Free demonstrations, contact for class pricing
- Website: http://www.oneearedcow.com/home.htm
- Telephone: (803) 254-2444
- Location: 1001 Huger St. Columbia, SC 29201
One Eared Cow Glass opened in 1991. It is located in beautiful Columbia, South Carolina. The studio offers free demonstrations for the public during regular business hours.
Demonstrations are a great way to see the craft up close and ask questions without getting hands on.
Students who want to experience glass blowing for themselves can sign up for classes and workshops at One Eared Cow. Classes are appropriate for all ages and skill levels.
Participants learn to make their very own ornaments, paperweights, pumpkins, and flowers.